Terms and Conditions of Rent
To be read before completion of our Printable Booking Form.
- To make a booking, please telephone the owner on 01952 510218 or 07968 740812 to check availability. Your booking can be held provisionally for 7 days, giving you time to complete the booking form and send it with your deposit to the owner’s address.
- The price quoted is for 7 nights accommodation from the changeover date. Included in the price is gas, electricity and bed linen (not towels).
- A deposit of one third of the weekly rental payable is required to confirm your booking. The balance must be paid at least 8 weeks before the commencement of the holiday. Non-payment of the balance monies when due will constitute cancellation of the booking and forfeiture of the deposit. If booking is made less than 8 weeks before the commencement of the holiday the payment must be made in full.
- The Hirer is responsible for the property and must pay a security bond of £50.00 which will be returned within 2 weeks, provided the property is left as it was found. Please report any damage to the owner as soon as possible before you leave so that it may be fixed before the next guests arrive. A high standard of cleanliness is aimed at in the cottage and visitors are asked to leave it in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. A charge will be deducted from the security bond if the cottage is left in a dirty condition upon the Hirer’s departure.
- Your booking fee is non-refundable.
- The cottage is available to you from 4 pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10 am on the day of departure to facilitate thorough cleaning/preparation for the incoming guests. The key is in a key-safe on the outside of the door. The code will be made available on payment of the balance.
- Car parking is available off-road for one car.
- The success of your holiday is important to the owner. It is hoped that you find everything to your satisfaction but if you have any complaints please do discuss with the owner immediately in order that the matter can be resolved.
- Pets are most welcome, by prior arrangement, at an extra cost of £15 per pet per week – maximum 2 pets.
- Your pets are very welcome but there are house rules. Your pet must not be left unattended in the cottage at any time. Pets must not be allowed on furniture or beds. You must also clean up after your pet(s) inside and outside. Out of respect for incoming guests, there must be no evidence that your pet has been at the cottage – eg hairs, mud.
- The cottage is a strictly non-smoking establishment. Also, for safety reasons, candles are prohibited. Of course, visitors may choose to smoke on the patio outside.
- The total number of people on the booking form must not be exceeded. The owner reserves the right to terminate Hire immediately without refund if numbers are exceeded.
- If for any reason the property becomes unavailable you will be informed immediately and all monies will be refunded – it is hoped that this will never be necessary
- No discounts/refunds will be made for loss of electricity, mechanical failure or loss of water supply beyond the owner’s control. In such an event the owner will endeavour to have the failure rectified as soon as possible. (There would be no further claim against us).
- The owner is unable to accept liability to any member of the holiday party for any personal injury or sickness, loss or damage neither to property, including vehicles, however sustained, nor for the loss or theft of belongings and/or money during their stay.
- You consent to the personal information obtained using the Booking System being held on our database. This will not be disclosed to any third party.